The Diversity and Resiliency Institute of El Paso offers education and training for community members who need help accessing resources, who want to become more involved in their community, and who want to become more socially conscious. We believe that access is key to resilient communities.
Education Brings Growth and Empowerment.
Education Brings Change.
Current and Future Training Themes
- What it means to be an ally
- Performative allyship
- Understanding privilege
- Perceived barriers to allyship
- Reconciling previously held beliefs with new knowledge
- Identifying a common goal
- Strategic messaging
- Building capacity
- Cultural humility
- Coalition building
- Power and privilege
- Social service programs
- Name and Gender marker changes